Guest Speaker Thank yous

This student recapped what she learned about the process of creating video games. 
 I also had my students write up a thank you letter for Phil for homework. I asked them to include two things they learned from him and it was interesting to see what they chose to tell him.


Some students were able to name things they learned that relate to what they do in school every day, such as writing a story. Other students wrote about how they learned about violence in video games.


This students talked about violent video games and their adult audience.

While most students completed this homework assignment some were able to clearly connect and build on our previous learning what Phil taught us, while others did not demonstrate new learning in their Thank you letter.


"Dear, Phil, Thank you for coming I appreciate what you told us everything about you. I learned violence in not for childrens. And that video games are not Good."
This student appeared to repeat information we previously learned. This students' response prompted me to revisit this issue with my class, are all video games bad? 










No comments:

Post a Comment