I wanted students to determine their action step, so I had then brainstorm possible action steps on a sticky note and then gave them 2 minutes to tell a friend. Then they switched and told another friend. They switched again and told another friend. I structured it this way so that students would have heard 3 of their peers ideas before sharing out to the group. I hoped this would create some excitement about the action ideas they had and help in the voting process.
Students shared out their ideas for action steps and I charted them. They came up with this list:
Then I had students vote for the action they wanted to do. Students excitedly cheered when they realized they would be making a video. We then brainstormed a plan for how we would complete this action step.
To me this woud prove to be the most difficult action step to complete in the few short weeks of instruction I had left with them. I knew I would need to brainstorm a way to have all their voices and thoughts represented in the video.


No comments:
Post a Comment