Reflection:
How have your beliefs about violence in video games changed?
· What did you think before we started our Social Action project?
· What do you think now?
· Will you tell others about what you learned?
After writing out their thoughts they discussed with a friend and then discussed as a group. Here are several student responses.
As with much of this project scheduling and time restrictions limited our reflections. When I do this project again in the future I would like to spend more time discussing what we learned about the topic and about the process of social action. I think my students' views of video games were altered but I it is not clear to me whether they were empowered or completely understood the process and/or purpose of social action. To get students to understand the deeper implications of a project like this more time has to be spent teaching the process and discussing it, rather than simply just the topic. Looking back I wish I had approached our project slightly differently, however, I learned to plan curriculum around a topic that was new to me and driven by my students' interests and decisions. I loved involving my students in the decisions of our project and I loved giving them space to discuss their ideas. I am already planning to complete a social action project with my pre-kindergarten students next spring! :)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment